Welcome to our Recreational Program!
We’re excited to have your child(ren) participate in our programs.
This page includes everything you need to know before coming to class. Something missing? Please ask..
ALL program participants are required to complete a health screening every class before coming to the gym.
- Drop off at the door. Please arrive 5 minutes before the start of class to ensure that we can maintain health and safety procedures. The coach or a staff member will be at the door to greet you and your child(ren). Entry into the building will be at the class start time, or when possible, a few minutes before – to ensure staggered and safe entry of athletes into the gym. Latecomers will be admitted only when the coach/staff can safely bring them in.
- Upon arrival, line up for entry outside the designated door for your class (the main entrance, unless you have received a different notice from us). Please be safe and watch for speeding cars in the parking lot.
- Parents/caregivers must come to the door with the child at drop off.
- All participants/athletes must have their health screening completed before entering the building. If the form is not completed, or if there are concerns about the screening, the participant/athlete would not be able to be in class that day. Based on Provincial guidelines, if a participant/athlete shows symptoms during class, the child would be separated from the class and parents/guardians will be contacted to pick them up immediately.
- Only participants/athletes will be allowed into the gym. Regretfully, parents and caregivers will not be allowed into the facility due to capacity restrictions. At this time, washrooms are available for participants/athletes only.
- Upon entry into the gym, participants/athletes will place all their outdoor clothes and shoes in a designated space for their class. They will take their water bottle into the gym for hydration during class.
- Please come dressed for class, so that the start of class can move along quickly and efficiently.
- If you know your child will be absent, please advise us via email as soon as possible.
- Parents/caregivers must arrive on time for pick-up and wait by the door. For safety reasons, children would not be allowed to walk independently to the car, so please meet them at the door.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before the end of of class, as participants/athletes must be picked up immediately when their class ends. Extended care is not available.
- The coach will release participants to their parent/caregiver at the door.
- Please be safe and watch for speeding cars in the parking lot.
- Those picking up participants may be asked to show a photo ID to verify their identity. Please ensure that everyone with permission is listed with us to pick up your child(ren).
- Parents and caregivers will not be allowed into the gym.
What to Bring
- Full bottle of water for hydration.
- Mask (and a small ziplock sandwich bag to carry it around). Extra-masks in case one breaks.
- Proper and comfortable attire: gymnastics leotard, tights or close-fitting clothes to allow safe movement of the body (no skirts, dresses or hoodies). Please remove necklaces, or any hanging jewelry. Long hair must be pulled back. Participants/athletes will be barefoot while in the gym.
- For classes over 2 hours, a healthy nut-free snack.
- Good energy and readiness to have fun!
- Smiles 🙂
- Gymnastic equipment may not be used unless under coach supervision.
- Outdoor shoes must be removed and left in the front lobby before entering the gym.
- Only athletes and staff may enter the gym (parent & tot programs excepted). A viewing area is provided. (the viewing area is closed until further notice due to COVID-19.
- Food and drink are allowed only in designated areas.
- We strive to be a peanut/nut-free environment. Please help us keep it that way. All participants are asked to refrain from bringing in products that contain or may contain peanuts, nuts and/or nut products. Remember, peanut/nut allergies are of the most common food allergies, with potential life-threatening consequences. Please be aware and read the labels carefully.
- The Academy reserves the right to terminate participant membership at any time.
- Coaches, class times & age range are subject to change based on availability and demand.
Coaches do not have access to email or phone during class. If necessary, please email the gym or leave a voicemail message and the coach/staff will respond as soon as possible. Please note that the office may be staffed intermittently – the coach/staff will respond as soon as possible. Please help us maintain safe operations and do not enter the gym. Doors may be open for ventilation, not for entry. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.